Tuesday, December 14, 2010

1st letter

Dear

Your letter arrived today with an expected grace. I knew the impossible would nevertheless make itself moveable through the efforts of giants like you. Your testimony proves this; the work in which you occupy yourself makes obvious the unseen and unimagined possibility of God’s love.

I glimpse the threshold of God’s designs when reading the sketch of your encouragement to me. All the faith underlying your words brings me such amazement and newfound joy. This treasured letter of yours says more in a few care-packed words than all the bloated legal volumes men ever construed. I swear that in a message like yours you enliven in me the conviction that unceasing prayer shall turn the tide of wanton jurisprudence. Indeed, you write to dispel the darkness of my surroundings. How transparent your love, how blind my captors to the import of your letter. For with such soulforce, no bars can bind, no walls can seal, no monotony nullify—for through words such as yours my zealous love of God awakens.

The angel whispering such inspirations into your ear has, now, appeared to me and hear I am, convinced. I allay my disbelief and trust in the love of God for us all. We shall overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment