Tuesday, December 14, 2010

2nd letter

Dear

What a letter! In you all my hopes and dreams thrive; what a miracle to hear them coming true. That is, you write in such clean sweeping boldness that every pinch of dusty discrepancy, every self-impeding fatalism, is swept up and cleared. My soul knows itself in the love-ordered world from which you write. Thank God for you and the desire that impels your epistolary effort. Know that the soulforce that enlivens us both has now enabled me to transcend my surroundings and restore with God my human dignity.

Praise be to God. I never doubted that someone like you could exist out there today. Your work has the ineffable, the indescribably quality of Christ-like compassion. From this ongoing work of yours, even the moments of meditation with which you wrote reveal the habitus so pulsating, so interiorized in you. When my captors tempt me with despair I can laugh with more dramatic irony than ever. We know what this life has in store for us. All we need has in our heart already been stocked; the beloved like you need only display it.

In His way,

No comments:

Post a Comment