Tuesday, December 14, 2010

4th letter

Dear

Thank you for your conviction and dedication. The words you write state clearly the task before us: to mince words no longer and in ones action bring glad tidings to the world. The Kin_dom comes!

You wrote a testimony that touches me deeply. I trust the Holy Spirit shines through you to offer these words as seeds of contemplation. I have asked myself similar questions about our call to become Christians and in your writing I find my answer.

You speak of the most essential thing: not courage, per se, but he thinking heart. The core strength of this movement to vigil at Ft. Benning, in my opinion, has this same characteristic. We act to preserve our integrity as human beings in relation, a people endowed with inalienable communal responsibilities, among these solidarity, self-abnegation and the pursuit of planetary eco-consciousness.

The testimony shared in your letter elicits in me a greater desire to participate in the Great task set to us by God: to be Christ’s hands and feet, yes and ears.

I am made more human by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment